Finding Fun With Videos

Welcome back to yet another blog post from your favourite Blondie! Today’s post will be about a ‘skill sprint’ we did recently in Maker. 

We learned several techniques to use when creating videos. The first one we learned was Jumpcut. 

Jumpcut is like a quick transition from one scene to another. We worked in groups for this one, I was with Mackenzie and Gwen. We decided to do something where one person flicks the other into a locker. Here’s the final video:

Next video skill we worked on was using AR to make a snowglobe. We used an app called ar Makr, we got a patterned template for the base and the glass sphere. I chose to put Mackenzie in my globe. This app is a little difficult to work with sometimes, but I managed this time. 

After this we used imovie for the greenscreen effect. I was not here that day, and I never got around to doing it. Later in this post though, I’ll explain the stop motion videos we made, which I used a green screen for.

One of my favourite things we did this skill sprint was Memoji Storytelling. We used a couple apps, Keynote and ar Makr. Using a Memoji of our choosing, we created a story. Here’s mine- 

Last but not least, we made stop motion videos! We were supposed to find a viral video that we liked and make it stop motion. I was working with Gwen, and we decided to recreate a clip from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We used some of my lego. 

That’s all for today, thanks for reading!