⚡️This project was quite shocking ⚡️

Welcome to my very last PLP science blog! Semester 1 is over, and we don’t get science next semester, or next year (sadly…). 

This project was about electricity, and we were tasked with building our very own Operation game. 

Before we could start that though, we had to learn a bit about different sources of energy, like hydro, nuclear, wind, and solar. We then chose one of those, and researched it. Then we made an infographic about our source. 

I chose nuclear, and before I started this project, I didn’t think it was that good (mostly because you hear so many bad things about nuclear power) but after doing some research, I learned that it’s a fairly safe power source and produces very little carbon emissions. 

After that we learned all about circuit diagrams, voltage, Ohm’s law, resistance, and more. 

Ohm’s law was a little tricky for me, but I eventually got it. Circuit diagrams are pretty fun to draw, here’s one that I made:

After all that learning, we could finally move on to making our Operation games! First we thought of what we wanted the design to be. I was originally going to do power lines, and you would have to pick out branches or something that fell on them (really going with the electricity theme) but I changed my mind. I chose to do a map of Japan (what a surprise, any project where we get to chose our own thing, I alway chose Japan), and each of the pieces that you pull out would be unique to each of Japan’s prefectures. 

Japan has 47 prefectures, so I obviously couldn’t do all of them. I picked 5 of them for my game, Hokkaido, Iwate, Tokyo, Nara, and Saga. 

Hokkaido is famous for their seafood, so the piece for that was a fish. 

Iwate has a lot of cherry blossom trees, so I did a sakura flower.

Tokyo has a lot of shrines and temples, one of the more famous ones is the Meiji Jingu Shrine. I did a shrine gate for this one.

Nara has a park where you can feed deer, and they’ll come right up to you and bow! I really want to go there one day. I made a deer piece for this one.

Last but not least, Saga! Saga is the birthplace of a style of pottery called Karatsu Ware, so I did a little vase. 

This project was really fun, because I had a lot of freedom for what I could do, but it was also a little hard because at first my Operation game wasn’t working, but after troubleshooting for a bit, I got it working!

Here’s a video of my finished game-

Thanks so much for reading, and have a good day!