Ah! Memes but educational

Hello again, and welcome to another project reflection đŸ„ł not like you read enough of these already.

Anyway, on with the show

The “how it started, how its going” project started (as Declan would say) “around February 2 2021.” And was based off a meme that went viral on twitter and then moved to other platforms in late September 2020. (Back when things were still “normal”)

We were told to create our own version, but with a twist. (A deeper meaning/connection)

To be totally honest it’s very beginning I had no idea the end product would’ve been what it came out to be. When it was first explained to us, by Mrs.Williams and Mrs.Maxwell they made it sound a lot more simple than it actually was…

First thing we had to do was to create a how it started how it’s going meme with two pictures that were from our camera roll, one from the beginning of the school year and one in the current/present.

That was a rough draft and we did only have like 7 exact minutes to create it, then was given some feedback and decided to revise and add a few “new things”

and that was only the beginning…

Then we went into lot more detail on historical significance and how that is how we will find the answer to “this” (now old) drive in question “why can we learn from the past, and why does that matter to us today?”

To answer that question, we first needed to learn more about thing that happened in the past that have an effect and still matter to us today.

We learned a lot… about; 

~ The Renaissance 

•    -Martin Luther
  •    – value for the church

~Medieval times  

•   -feudalism 
  •   – the crusade 
  •    -chivalry 

And worldview (obviously)

Worldview was literally half of the whole project. 

We did a lot.

To get a sense and a focus of worldview, our wonderful teachers (Mrs.maxwell and Mrs.Willemse) separated us into groups each named and focused after an aspect of worldview (values, time, geography etc.) I was put into values, with Fraser, Jocelyn, Max R., kwosen, David, Gwen, and Gabi  

After gaining lots of new knowledge about worldview, what people valued in the Renaissance that is the same and different today, etc. Though writing arguments and conclusions, what sing slideshows and taking valuable notes, constantly referencing to the notes getting a detailed explanation on worldview, next (after a few days of revisions and minor stepping stones and more explanations, writing ) we were given a nice template to put medieval and Renaissance art in the connects to each expect of worldview, and say how it connects to each aspect and a personal connection, (which was the hardest part) 

Selecting Artifacts Chart

Then we had big benchmark (milestone 3) where we had to take a history test!! . We each had 40 minutes to write and “assess ” on how historical significant events helped devolved our worldview.

Next was…more writing 

We had to write a conclusion and argument to use in the final product using the story spine and mountain 

After all that I could literally become a world class writer. Expect for my capital “I”. Mrs.Maxwell would definitely say that’s my biggest issue 😅. (Work in progress)

Writing this conclusion and argument and also further writing assignments later on by proving points that are relevant, historically significant and with a good understanding and connection to world view is how I represented and achieved one  curricula competency ”responding to text” and now when I write Anything ;may it be a blog post, or a book for fun of another argument or conclusion my writing will have some sort of structure. And try my best to have a visible/noticeable begging middle and end.

After all that conclusion and argument writing stuff

we each (our whole class) made our own personal collage to shows around 5 major “historical events” during your life,

one fo the major requirement were that the photos MUST be original

This is my first attempt

Then we as a class evaluated  each other’s and I found That my collage had a rough “beginning, middle and end” and the colour/patterns had no significance so I decided to revise and make it more of a 🌈 shape and change up the “extra” painting/colour

And this was how it turned out

After that was finalized we had to write a paragraph on why the event you chose, the placement you put the photos in, the shape, the layout even is historically significant and connects to your worldview and your personal life.

It took a while

making this collage was a good way to show my advance in technology and good understanding of  proper layout and correct colour coordination which is proof that I can well understand and complete the next curricula competency “empowered learner”

That took last of trial and error, first time my “explanation of the collage historical significance was too long ( a full page and a half) so I i had to shorten it, so this is how it ended up⏬

Explanation rev.

Now we get into the good stuff.

the final product… the museum exhibition!!!!!

First steps were to assign group members “jobs/roles” I was a flex member( I was to help the group where it was needed) a very important job.
Other roles are; the techy, room or art designers, DRI (directly responsible individual), etc

then we(each group member, individually) had create a how its going meme with a photo from the medieval or Renaissance time that represented our aspect of worldview. It took many tries.

I choose this photo of “martin Luther as a Augustinian monk” to represent values and respect of power.

I had To make many copies.

I tried Adding a brain as my only alteration but that wasn’t enough. So in the end after many trials and errors we came out with this as my final product.

And after the art designer put it all together with the frame and final product

And then of course my reasoning.

Which was also revise many many times

Re done argument

and then after everyone was done the techy had to put everyone finished meme into the museum and then it was presentation time . 7:30 on Thursday night 2021 on zoom where many eople came to watch us present and cut the ribbon

finally it’s over, and on to the next project that last forever…

HannahđŸ„“đŸŒźđŸ§ŠđŸ©

2 Comments
  1. I love how you embrace your own voice in your writing and own your learning. Fun post to read and it sounds like you learned a lot. What was the most important learning you will take from this blog post?

• Thank you Mrs.Willemse. It sure took me a while to become confident in my on “style” of writing while still being in the category of “well written work”.
      One of the most important things I took For this project would have to be my team working skills and how they drastically improved over the span of that certain project, I know That this skill will come in handy later in the year based on all the group/parter work we’ve already done, and also in my much farther future like future jobs, careers etc.