About me

Hi and welcome to my blog. If you somehow stumbled upon my “about me page”, I  honestly don’t know what your here for but now that you are here…

I stared this blog when I first began high school, I was in grade 8 and only 13 and I came from a school outside the attachment so I only knew 3 peoples in my whole class. I remember being very overwhelmed and scared that my high school career would be 5 hard long years of really intense school work. I now have a year and a half to go and while I am excited for it to be over I know saying goodbye to all my friends and memories will be hard. 

There are a lot of things that make me, me that I don’t think are quite as present in my blog as others. But to be straight up here area couple fun facts about me:

Now that you know me a little better, let’s make is about me page a little more educational. 

So I’ve been in PLP for a long time and I’ve done lots and LOTS of projects, I’ve made a crazy ton of drafts for countless things, filmed and edited loads of material and gotten a few 🌤️ throughout my high school career. But while being in a constant state of some sort of stress I’ve managed to get somethings done and learn some cool things along the way.

What did I learn?

How to perform
How to present
How to reflect

In PLP there due dates are more enforced. In “normal school” (where they don't do all their school work on iPads) the dues dates are set but, for example, you are sick on that day technically speaking you get another day to work on that assignment. But in PLP because all our work and submit it on platform is digital, you have an obligation to hand in everything on time wether or not your sick, on vacation or just chose not to show up on the day its due. 

If its handed in late on showbie you get the iconic red paper clip 

Throughout my PLP career, I've gotten quite a few red paper clips. And I've learned to perform so I get less of them (keep in mind you get them even if you had in revisions after the due date.) I've nailed down a new work ethic and I've learned to hold myself to a higher stander and do everything I can to “perform to my standard” 

In PLP we have many opportunities to present our learning, through our blog posts, winter/spring exhibitions and MPOLs/TPOLSs. Through many years of countless MPOLs, exhibitions and blogposts I've had many opportunities to present who I am as a student. Ive learned how to present.  Ive learned how to set up for a presentation, how to prepare, how to dress and sound sophisticated, the importance of presenting the right things and sounding confident. 

Project where I've had to present (may it be in front of my parents and one teacher, or a while bunch of parents):

MPOL 2023

TPOL 2022

Winter exhibition 2022

destination imagination 2022

MPOL 2022

revolutions of trail 2021

destination imagination 2021 

In PLP is is required that you reflect after every project and felid study. But it’s not as simple as just a a summary. One blog post must include; a summary of the project (step/drafts/ideas, etc.), lots and lots of media (really as much as your can; it can be pictures, videos, written drafts, voice notes, youtube link, GIFs, etc. something to “break up” all your learning.) and a reflection of what you learned. Don’t forget to mention all the highs and lows, the sunshine and rainbows, the connection to the core competencies and off course  what aspects you really had to step out of your comfort zone to achieve.

A lot goes into each blogpost, and as you get older and gain confidence in the final blog post its becomes muscle memory and you learn what each teacher is looking for. And you start remembering to take pictures. lots and lots of pictures.

Hannah 🥔🧅🫚🥯🍞🫔