The Renaissance

Welcome! I finally finished my latest humanities project; Renaissance – A Change Engine. This project was different for me, it was more history based and Im not too fond with history… but I think it want well.  Something I found out is that taking notes from a fast pasted video is one of the hardest things for humans to achieve, but besides that, I learnt a lot on how history is categorized, and how famous and revolutionary inventions still effect us to this day! Pretty crazy, right?

The driving question for this project was “What significant developments emerged from the past and how have they impacted us today?” 

At the beginning we obviously got to learn an introduction on the Renaissance itself, but we also were able to do some activities that correspondence with the renaissance. We did this roleplay game, where we acted out the fetal system. We each got different roles to play, and I was the knight! We were able to interact and learn about the social hierarchy, at the same time. 

Not far into the project we leant about our final product was going to be. We learnt about what we would be making! We would make a triptych and a final paragraph. (You can learn what a triptych is here.)

Leading up to the tryptic we got intoduced to famous inventions and their inventors. We also got to look into societal changes and art! I was able to learn how history is categorized, by using name charts to research inventions.

For the triptych we would have to make 3 panels. We chose and phtotshoped some parts of our overall research like, inventors and inventions, along with art. We were also to include a societal change. The two panels on the left and right held parts of the Renaissance, and in the middle would be. Picture of ourselves and how its effected us to this day, also known as the contemporary effect. 

On the left I included a picture of the Last Supper painting and the clock and telescope made by Galileo. In the middle I put a contemporary version of paper (iPads and phones) and a modern version of The Last Supper painting. And on the right I included the printing press, and the bible. I used the bible to show what the printing press made the most of; bibles.

The second half of our final product was our Final Paragraph. In the final paragraph we took a deep look into what we included into your triptych. The main thing I wrote about was the Printing Press.  We were able to learn about how our paragraph should be layed out aswell. 

And yeah! Thank you fro reading! Bye for now!