We Hey guys I’m back✌️! Today we’re talking about my PLP winter exhibition. For those of you who don’t know PLP is a project based learning program and the winter exhibition is where we show our projects. There were four grades participating at the winter exhibition, the grade elevens who created an immersive experience about communism, the grade tens who wrote really cool speeches, the grade nines who made decorated rooms much like escape rooms, and finally the grade eights. Our big project was our Christian worldview poster but you can read about specifically here. But the. Exhibition wasn’t just about our projects, it was also about our rather spectacular stations!

For the stations we made a two displays showing some of our photos and the early drafts of our posters. We made a are to also display our photo documentary   where we showed photos of religious worldview. We also made cookies and bought fishy crackers for a hundred people. We placed fairy lights and LED candles to stick with the theme (the light of god/Jesus) of course setting this all up is a whole other story.. so I’ll just give you a rundown of the day!

For the first two classes I did non PLP work in my normal classes, but as I hit class three… the madness began. We started by fully wrapping our displays in paper. We choose a yellow so we could match our poster (we had a very strict yellow and white scheme). During that time we also started our activity.

Every grade eight in the exhibition had an activity that related to their religion. For example the group studying Judaism did dreidel, but our activity wasn’t a game… it was an art piece! Now art piece..? Is what you’re thinking, but it was actually pretty cool. It was a fish ( important Christian symbol) wrapped in yellow paper, with strings hanging off it! But the whole art piece part was what we hung from those strings, we hung holiday wishes! So if you wished for world piece, you could write it on a piece of red or green paper, and we would hang it from our fish for you!

After third class we had lunch, it was highly uneventful. The moment we stepped back into the PLP class though, things got a lot more interesting. Once we had arrived our teachers sent us straight to assembling our stations. We wrapped our tables in white paper, put all our LED candles up, hung our fairy lights, and arranged our display. The time flew by! We started at 1:40 but we only hung the fish activity two minutes until opening! Once we had all finished, we opened the doors…..

From the moment we opened the door until we closed our displays, I was swamped! I talked to many, many people! I explained why we choose the fish, how our poster had changed through the drafts, and why we had photos thumbtacked to our displays! I also was in charge of hanging the holiday wishes. Through the night I talked many cool people who were really interested in our project!

I really enjoyed the exhibition! I had a lot of fun talking to people, and I really enjoyed seeing people’s wishes! I learned a lot about working on a deadline, and setting up things to fit a colour scheme!  But I think I really learned the most about public speaking. When your talking to people for hours on end, you learn how to present yourself to people, you also learn how to keep people interested! Overall I really enjoyed the exhibition, and I can’t wait to do my next one!

Bye for now✌️