Radical Innovations by me

This is my final product of my triptych

Ideas From Europe and Asia are the reason we have the technology and innovations we have today and because of the inspiration from traditional renaissance ideas, we can keep advancing further in innovations and inventions. In this page you will find out about traditional, new, and modern innovations. Enjoy Reading!

The ideas from the renaissance changed the renaissance world by inventing new inventions to advance in technologies. The left panel of my triptych represents new renaissance ideas, I have included 3 new renaissance ideas around my face in a renaissance piece of artwork. Firstly I included the Clock innovation which represents measuring time. The clock was first invented in the 600s in China and then later the Germans compacted the clock because it was very big before. The second Innovation I included was the printing press. The printing press was used to copy words on paper which was very useful for the church and the bible. The printing press was used to make books, posters, and more. Martin Luther is famously known for using the printing press to copy and post 95 reasons why indulgences were bad. The third New Renaissance Innovation is the Microscope which is a version of the lense. The microscope was significant at that time because they could see things smaller then never before and discover new bacteria’s. In conclusion, new renaissance ideas are the reason we have the technologies we have today and without them, we would basically be living in the Middle Ages.

The traditional ideas that people had before the renaissance include the sundail, the quill, and the telescope. The traditional Renaissance ideas make up the right panel on my triptych. The first traditional Renaissance idea I included was the invention of the sundail, originally made in Egypt, was one of the early ways of keeping track of time and without this, there would be no such thing as a clock. Keeping track of time back then was a big step because it would make everything more. Next, I included the Quill. The quill came before the printing press and was a way of writing things, before being Able to print them. Quills were originally used by the Monks and then later, used in Europe, until the invention of the printing press. Keeping notes was a great way of keeping track of things back then which made everything more organized. Lastly I choose the Telescope which is a version of the lense. The early lenses were curved glass, and they were known as reading stones used to enlarge text. Later, lenses were used in telescopes and because of the creation of the telescope, people like Galileo Galilei discovered more about space, like how the earth isn’t the centre of the universe, and how the earth isn’t flat. The last thing I added was the Christian Cross to represent the Catholic Church and the power it had over everyone’s lives. In conclusion, without traditional ideas, we wouldn’t have the inspiration to make some of the innovations we have today.

The new ideas from the renaissance changed my world today by giving me and others the advanced technology and innovations we have to build on. The centre panel of my triptych represents me in the present day, with modern technologies that have evolved off of new renaissance ideas. Firstly, I included a TV and a Computer. A TV and a Computer are modern day equivalents to the printing press, they are a way to share information and gain information. Without the Computer or TV, our world would be way less connected and we would have to use letters to communicate with most people, instead of texting. Next, I choose the invention of glasses. Personally, I need glasses, and without them, I wouldn’t be able to see certain things, and my eyes would keep getting worse and worse, but glasses have saved me and many others. Lastly, I included the invention of the camera. Being able to capture and moment and have it forever is amazing and without the camera, you wouldn’t be able to send photos to your friends, or share them amongst your family. The camera is how news gets shared with the world, how we can keep track of history, and how we can watch movies and shows. I added the bike to represent what wheels have come to, from originally pulling horses, to powering planes and moving our world. In conclusion, the reason we have modern technology today, is because we have evolved from traditional renaissance ideas, without these new ideas, the world would be completely different.

Thank you for reading my page about my triptych and the renaissance! Learning about the renaissance was fascinating and its crazy to think that if the renaissance didn’t exist we wouldn’t have advanced to where we are today.

To make my triptych I used SuperimposeX, procreate, keynote, and I learned countless new skills within the apps. To start, I used SuperimposeX to insert my face into a renaissance picture, at first, I found it stressful because I couldn’t find a good picture to put my face in, but eventually I found one and it all turned out. After that, I took a photo of myself in a traditional renaissance environment, and finally, a modern day environment. Next I used SuperimposeX to edit innovations that fit the time period around me. After that, I exported the photos of me to procreate to draw a background, but I made sure to leave open window space to add detail. Then, I exported the file to keynote to layer the cities and towns in the background. Lastly, I exported it back to SuperimposeX to add any final touches I missed and did some revisions.