Small but Mighty

Small but Mighty

Welcome to my blog post about the small but mighty project. Throughout this project, I learned a lot about the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system. At the end of the project, we made 2 posters about vaccines, and kids health.

Prior to this project, I didn’t know much about the immune system and when I heard we were learning about it, I was really interested. In this project, I learned about the different cells in our immune system which are T cells, B cells, Pathogens, Macrophages, and Antibodies. To cope with this we made character cards. The other thing we learned about was vaccines. We learned how they evolved over time and how they were made, then we learned about the different types and how they work which has always been a mystery to me.

With this knowledge, I made a myth busting poster on vaccines answering the question: Do MMR vaccines cause autism? To make this poster I used Canva and It was a great opportunity to get used to the app. I found it confusing at first but then got used to it later. The second poster I made was a kids health poster about covering up when you cough. The poster includes a fun fact, a kids drawing of bacteria (pathogens), what you can do to help, and a picture I drew. To make this poster, I used Procreate and Keynote because those were apps I already knew.

I wanted to make the poster the best I could. Thank you for reading my blog post the immune system and vaccines. This project has been really interesting and it was fun learning about what’s in our bodies.