Consequences of Colonization Reflection ⛵️

Keystone 1

In keystone 1 we practiced using inferences and evidence to fill out two charts. In the first chart we took a picture drawn by CWjeffrey titled “Cartier erecting a cross at gaspe. We analyzed the image and answered who, what, where, when, and why on the chart using inferences and evidence. With this new skill, I choose my own image to analyze from CWjeffreys collection of artwork. I choose image 15, Maisonneuve carries a cross to the summit of mt. Royal. With this information, I filled out the second chart, answering the questions. The second chart was similar to the first one except we answered more specific questions. Looking back on this first keystone, leaning these new skills of analyzing images with inferences and evidence was really important and it helped me through the rest of the project.

Keystone 2

In keystone 2 we had to draw a re-interpreted image of the one we choose earlier. For my new image, I choose to focus on a balanced perspective between the indigenous and Europeans instead of just the Europeans. This was the first time I had ever re-interpreted an image so at the beginning, I was really confused on how I would draw it but eventually I figured it out. In the original image there were no indigenous, and it was just Europeans carrying a cross up a mountain in Canada. They also appeared to be near the bottom of the mountain. In my re-interpreted image, I started by drawing an environment near the top of the mountain, the Europeans were still practically the same, struggling to carry the cross. The main difference was how I included the indigenous watching from some bushes. My main goal was to show the consequences through what the indigenous were feeling and my making them hold weapons out of fear

The top is my re-interpreted image, and the bottom is the original. /\ /\

Keystone 3 + Finish Line 🏁

for keystone 3 I had to create a video script for the final product, a AR video. For my video script, I wrote everything I would say in my final video. The work of doing my script earlier, would help make the final product easier to produce. My script includes an introduction, indigenous worldview, European worldview, some consequences of colonization, and a conclusion. It was great to learn and expand my knowledge of planning skills with this activity.

Finally, the finish line! In the finish line I had to make a AR video using my script I made for keystone 3. I started by getting the before and after pictures in my camera roll and inserting them into the Makr app. After that, I recorded all the lines from my script with the AR video in the background. With all the separate videos, I went into IMovie to Piece them together. Once they were priced together I had two problems. My first problem was that the clips were vertical and I needed them horizontal, but after some quick research I figured it out. The second problem was that the file was to big to submit to Showbie, so after throwing to find a way to compress it and being unsuccessful, I just turned down the video quality.

What did European settlement mean for all involved?

European settlement meant a lot of different things for the different groups of people and cultures. The Europeans discovering and settling America caused disagreements between country’s and indigenous groups. For the Europeans, it meant money, trade, glory, and power, and for the indigenous it meant worries, loss, and uncertainty.

0 comments