How It started/How it’s going: Summative Assessment

Bonjour, My class and me just finished a big project and I am now here to share what that project is with you. A couple weeks ago we started a new project called “How its started, how it’s going” This was based off a meme that started to blow up at the end of 2020. The idea is simple, one photo is the beginning go something or something from the past, the photo beside it shows the present or the end of the thing in the first photo. This could be a relationship, we some some where it was the first date and then the wedding day. We also looked at some the focused on peoples goals life, we saw one where someone was dressed up as an astronaut as a kid and then there was a photo of him working as an astronaut. Now that you have a rough idea of this project let’s dive in shall we.

Milestone 1: We started off by creating a meme of our own, we picked a photo from the beginning of our PLP year and a photo from what we look like now in our PLP year. This one is mine:

Milestone 2: In my opinion milestone 2 was the launch point of this project. We started learning about worldview and were asked to create a collage based on our worldview, but before that we needed to take a minute to think about our worldview this conducted us to create a story board that we would use to help us try and tell a story through our collage.  My collage consisted of photos from my travels, a photo from my ski racing days and a few from my modelling portfolio.

I then added a couple of outlines in different colours to try and make it more me, I guess. I’m really proud of how this turned out.

Art Piece: Once we learned more about worldview we were separated into groups. Each group had their own aspect of worldview to focus on, I was in beliefs. My group mainly focused on christianity but we also talked about a few other things that circulated into beliefs. Once we had our form of worldview set in place we had to choose a piece of art that represented our aspect of worldview. I chose the painting called Portrait of a Young Women created by Hans Holbein the younger made in 1540-45 as you see on the left.

Next we had to modernized the photo. I added things like expensive brand logos on the clothes, as you can see on the dress. I then added accessories like a Rolex watch, earrings, and two barrettes. I tired to modernize the dress by making it off the shoulder which probably took up most of my time.

Milestone 6: Once everyone had edited their photo we started to make a gallery. We had divided our groups so that everyone had a task there were writers, art designers, techies, flex members, and room designers. I was a room designer for this project meaning I helped create the room layout and decided what went in the room itself. I worked closely alongside my techie who brought the room to life. This was my design for the room:

Core Competencies: 

Questioning and Redicting: I feel my class time was used effectively, even though there were a few rough days. I feel like I needed to communicate with group more, mostly my techie, I feel like me and my techie weren’t really on the same page. I feel like I need to work on communication with my partners and really trying to communicate and bring up my team.

Communicating and Representing: I dont think I really grasped my understanding of worldview and what my worldview actually is. I think this held me back a bit with some of the projects we were doing. I do think that most of my minor projects went well throughout this project and that I did try my best.

Applying and Innovating: I think that past schools and projects helped me use my existing knowledge effectively. Scene I was the room designers it was my job to create my groups room layout, I had learned about room layout in grade 7 and learned all about architectural design we gave me a bit of a boost. With this knowledge I could use it to help my group create an amazing room design.

Thank you for reading this! The project was fun even though it got very stressful at the end I’m happy with the outcome of the whole thing.

Merci,

Ines

Published inHumanities

2 Comments

1. Petra Willemse

Looks like you learned a lot! What did you do to deal with the stress?

• Ines Morisset Ines Morisset

I didn’t really.