What is a growth mindset? A growth mindset is when you look past your basic abilities and failure, if you fail once you just keep on going you keep pushing. For example Michael Jordan got cut from high school basketball team and he was one of the best basketball players in the world.

What is a fixed mindset? A fixed mindset is when you are fixated on only your basic abilities. So basically if you fail once your done your bust not good at whatever you were doing when you failed. If you have a fixed mindset you look at people like wow your good at this and I’m not and I will never be good at it.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all.

The reason I choose this quote because I read a chapter or two of a book that Dale Carnegie wrote called how to win friends and influence others. I think the name of the book is not as good as the information inside it, it not about taking friends or winning friends so you can have them it is about influencing people that you want in your life. In the book it says that if you want to be friends with someone talk about what the want not what you want.

We started to think about long term goals, I think this is the most important thing because, you say your going to be really successful but how are you suppposed to be successful if you don’t know where you want to go. We did many revisions on our goals, I know my first goal was terrible: “I want to finish all projects that I start” that is the most vague goal ever of course I’m going to finish every assignment or project I start it’s mandatory. My second draft was basically the same but I actually said “I want to finish every project or assignment I start”. My final draft was “I want to put excellent effort into every project or assignment I start”. After we finished we put our quote into a picture of our selfs.

The next thing we learned about in this unit was, How do we learn? In order to learn you have to fail that doesn’t mean you have to look for ways to fail. The most successful people in the world failed many many times before they even got maybe a tiny bit of success.

This is a sketch note that I made about why you need to fail in order to learn.

Th growth mindset unit was I think the ,ost important unit yet and one of the most interesting. Everything we did I learned something from, and I think I have more of a growth mindset now then I did when we started this unit.