Colonization is kinda weird.

Hi, hello, do I have to write this? I suppose. *sigh.

Hello everyone, welcome to my all new blog post ‘bout greedy people on ships, otherwise known as colonization.

Keystone 1:

For keystone 1 we created a chart analyzing listing a piece of C.W Jeffries art. This was the piece that I was assigned:

And this is what I found when I analyzed it:

It is a bit hard to explain how we broke this all down into info we could use, but we basically looked for the key elements that conveyed certain messages about early colonization in the “new world”.

Keystone 2: 

In keystone 2, we used what we had discovered, along with some tracing skills to re-interpret the image we were assigned from the perspective of the First Nations/the other party. Here was mine:

I think it came out quite well. It shows what the arrival of the explorers from a vast ocean might have looked like to the First Nations at the time.

Keystone 3:

In keystone 3, we created a script for a video about early colonization in the Americas, here was mine: 

Final product:

In the end of this project, we created the video using AR Makr to add both pieces of art in the background, then we edited it and put on YouTube. Here is my video!

sorry that the quality is so bad, I had to compress it to be able to put it on here.

Thanks for reading, hope you liked my video!

07. May 2023 by James
Categories: PLP project reflections | Leave a comment