January 10

Winter Exhibition

In this project, we learned the techniques of interviewing. Interviewing has always been something I’m interested in, I like to watch videos that people interviewing scientists, celebrities, or passersby. However, I didn’t think about making those kind of interesting video myself. This project has made me change the way I look at interview videos. I used to think that making videos like that required professional equipment and a lot of knowledge, but that’s not the case. Anyone can make an interview video, and the teachers summarize all the things you need to be an interviewer. If you want to know more about the interview please keep reading my blog post.

We learned about the movie avatar and the connections between it and the real world. We also learned how to do interviews and make a interview film. 

The plot of the movie is that on the beautiful planet of Pandora, where live the Na ‘vi people. Humans invaded Pandora for the Earth’s energy problems. Due to the toxic environment on Pandora, the artificial Na ‘vi, known as Avatars, connect with the human brain and work on Pandora. A paralyzed ex-marine travels to Pandora on one Avatar and falls in love with a Na ‘vi. He drawn into a war between man and Na ‘vi for his love and Na ‘vi’s survival. In the end, man was defeated.

I think Pandora is a metaphor for Americas, rich and dangerous, beautiful and deadly, attracting intrepid explorers. Five hundred years ago, European explorers were tempted by the Golden Empire. As same for the humans who have invaded Pandora, but the advent of “Avatar” has ensured the safety of them.

We made an exhibition to show the videos made by us. The theme of my room is exploration. I talked about how the technology in the Avatar movie changed the way human explore the new world. The exhibition was very good. Everyone put on a good display. I hope we can do better in the next winter exhibition.

How to interview: https://www.craft.do/s/bzKgi7o23gNY2Q

My video:

Posted January 10, 2023 by jessieg in category Uncategorized