October 31

The Power of Geography

Β Β 

Β Β Β Β Β How has geography shapes us in the west? I was not interested in geography before, but after learning about this project and doing field study, I really love it. In the project of β€œThe Power of Geography”, I learned geography, and how it shaped us. Geography is very practical and interesting. It is a subject that teaches us the relationship between human beings and the geographical environment. We live in the environment, and geography guides us to understand the environment, teaches us how to adapt to the environment, and improves the environment. Which makes human beings develop together with the environment. Geography is an art of nature. It tells us about mountain distribution, monsoon climate and temperature changes. Geography is everywhere in our life, and it makes us more knowledgeable. Therefore, People should study geography. People have many answers to the driving question, such as the diversity shapes the west, and the history shapes the west. However, my answer to the driving question is that, β€œThe economy of the west shapes us.” The economy shapes the West through trade in goods, tourism, etc.

Β 

Β Β Β Β Β The economy shapes the west because of trade in goods. Trade in goods is one of the ways of economic development, and it can improve people’s productivity and labor efficiency. Trade has shapes the people in the west because goods from other regions can improve people’s lives and make them more knowledgeable. Children can have good attitudes when they grow up because of knowledge. For example, the last spike. It’s a railway, and It is also the first place we went on the field trip. Railways and trains can promote trade in goods and therefore the economy.

Β 

The economy shapes the west because of tourism. There are many tourist attractions in the West. They attract a lot of people to come to the west to see the beautiful scenery and play, which can develop the economy of the west, because people promote the development of tourism. People who visit the West will also spend money, which will also boost the Western economy. The people who run the tourist attractions can earn money because of that, such us the curators and the staff of the zoo. Earning money allows people to buy houses, and buy cars. Having a house can let people have a place to live, and having a car makes it more convenient for people to travel. For example, the Calgary zoo can develop the tourist and economy.

The Five Theme of Geography: Location, Place, Human-environment interaction, Movement, and Regions. This is my note of the five Theme:

This is my comic of the five theme:

The Book: The book is a daily note I take every day during my field study. In it, I wrote about my experience of field study and my understanding of geography, and the answer to the DQ.

https://read.bookcreator.com/ZEjMyQQdzXSgWAoop1bY3w4i7V03/T6v0thzkTxOW_VSFRTD5wA