Making Interesting Photos.

Today we will be answering another Driving question, but this time it’s about making photos. The driving question is: ‘How might I use the still image to create and communicate through technology?’ 

I think that I can answer this question by talking about how your photos can show emotions. Showing emotions in photos is very important because it really adds character and depth to the photo, and when it has those qualities it is more appealing. I feel like if the photo is not appealing to the viewer, then the viewer will look over it as just another photo. 

This project has taught me that every photo is interesting and unique in it’s own right, and I think that technology can really help you highlight a photos uniqueness. There are so many modifications that you can do in the camera app and third party apps, that I think its hard to not show off a unique and emotional photo.

During this project we learned a lot of strategies to use while taking photos. Some of these strategies were familiar to me, but most weren’t. These strategies were very helpful, and fun to use. Here are my favourite three.

One, Editing. I really liked this strategy because I was able to easily add more life to my photo. What I mean by this is I could add an interesting subject to a not particularity interesting photo. This would make it more appealing to the eye.

Two, Lighting. I found this strategy fun because I could experiment with location and background as well while taking these photos. I found that if you adjusted the lighting all the way up (so its super bright) while taking a photo in a dark space, it does not look good. However, when taking a photo in a bright space and you make it darker, it does not look that bad. These are just some things that I found while experimenting.

Three, Filters. I think that this is maybe one of my favourite strategies out of all of them because you can change the emotion when you add a filter. You can change the emotion, because the filter adds character to your photo. A filter can make your photo have a positive, or negative emotion.

Here are some of the photos that I took.

Thanks for reading about my photography unit, I hope you learned something interesting!