My Public Health Poster for Kids

Welcome back to my blog, today I will be talking about a project that we just wrapped up in Science. In this project, we were learning about our immune system, more specifically how and why it works. During this project, we also learned about how vaccines help us fight against germs and why people don’t get them.

Our Driving question for this project was: How can our knowledge of cell biology contribute to public health? I think that this is a pretty easy question to answer, our knowledge can contribute if we educate more people. I think that the more people are aware of what these germs do and how we fight them, the more people that know how to defend themselves against them. These educated people could have a lower chance of getting sick because they know these things. I think this is how we help public health, by educating people.

Our final product for this project was a public health poster for kids that will eventually go up in East-view elementary school. Our posters are targeted at kids that don’t know that much about how our immune system works or germs in general. I made my poster about washing your hands and how this can help your body when germs try to get in. I really liked how mine turned out. 

Overall I liked this project, it taught me more about how my immune system works, and why we should try to help it as much as we can. If I were to do this project again I think that I make my poster about less obvious ways of keeping germs away, like cleaning surfaces or something like that. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked my poster!