Universes Beyond; beyond kindness

Magic the Gathering and Universes Beyond

Hello and welcome to my third blog in a mini five part blog series! It this post I will be talking about the VERY controversial topic, a sub-brand in Magic: Universes Beyond. I am definitely not the most informed about this topic so if you want to look in depth in this topic, I would suggest watching this video by Tolarian Community College.

First of all what is Universes Beyond? Universes Beyond is a sub-brand of Magic. In this fairly new product line Wizards of the Coast sells unique cards never seen before… but with a different IP. For instance, Walking Dead which happens to be the first look we see at Universes Beyond. Not only that, but at this point they weren’t going to be printing them ever again. Magic IP or not. People were fuming. A huge problem Magic has is that distribution of cards, and these were expensive and limited! Also this brought up the question; is Magic just going to become I crew the Death Star with Superman? Nobody wanted that. And if you wanted to use these cards you had to use the other IP’s! Will they do any IP? Hell yes! They will suck this cash cow dry until the we kill each other with population!

Nice little card I made as an exmaple.

Well, for once Wizards of the Coast listened. They were going to print Magic IP versions of those cards… in a few years. Well its better than nothing. Actually, Universes Beyond could be really cool if you give the people the choice. It might be frustrating when you wanna have a game and someone pulls out there Fortnite (they are doing that!) cards, but hey you can’t win them all. Now just some things that Universes Beyond is NOT. It is not canonical to the story line. It’s not the Magic “skins” though I wish it was. 

Stay tuned for the finale Magic blog and see ya around and goodbye, Judah G!