Renaissance Sauce

Hello! This blog post is the summary and story of my latest Humanities project, the Renaissance: a Change Engine. In this project we choose some aspects from the renaissance. The driving question for this project is “What significant developments emerged from the past and how have do they impact us today?”

A fun thing that we did was a Renaissance simulation, which was just us role playing. Thing is it wasn’t Renaissance, it was the feudal system. We were then introduced to the final products. These were our triptych (a set of three associated artistic, literary, or musical works intended to be appreciated together) and the final paragraph. 

Our triptych was something were we chose some parts of the renaissance to research. Then we got some images of them/to represent them and photoshopped them to a background we chose. Left and right panels have images of things from the Renaissance. The middle panel has an image of yourself and images showing the contemporary impact of the other panels. In the left panel I have an image of the Last Supper and Leonardo da Vinci. In the right one I have the printing press and a window with a library outside. The middle panel has an image of me thinking maybe divine right isn’t correct as well as a poster that says science. Once we had all finished our Triptychs, we walked around our class and saw other’s Triptychs.

The other final product that we did was our Final Paragraph. It was an in depth look at one of the things in the Bank. I chose the printing press. I took notes before writing the paragraph and made a good outline. I also talked about it with my teacher and Mom. In our Final Paragraph we needed a topic sentence, evidence that this is the must historical significant, connect that to the present, then you need to restate your claim in a conclusion sentence.

See ya around and goodbye, Judah G!