Term 1 Video Reflection

Welp, it’s coming to a close. Term 1 of PLP 9 is going to finish soon, so everybody knows what time it’s is, reflection time! I’m gonna be reflecting on All the videos I have made through this term. Since there are many videos and many competences I am going to cover videos for every 5 competences, let’s start!

Knowledge Constructor 

The first example of this competency is my Alberta 9 video, I had to specifically curate the audio and visual content from interviews to see if it fit with the theme of the video and my answer, you can view the video here!.

I’d say for my second example I’d have to go with the Royal Tyrell museum video. Due to the time constraints of that video, I had to be very selective about what I wanted to say and what I could say in that time period. I find that while the final product wasn’t the best, the journey to make it was.

Innovative Designer

I’d say for my first example as an innovative designer, I would say my Run! remake video. With tools I and my group had used, we used our limited tools (iPad,iMovie and Microphone) to create a product unique in its production despite the fact it was a complete remake. You can see it here.

My second example would be my TYKTWD 2019 Video, due to the conditions on the worksite itself, and the lack of activities at bendtin mechanical I was strapped for any major ideas. But with the tools I did have, I feel as if I created something fairly good/great.

Creative communicator

I would say a great opening example of this Russian Revolution video. The video uses rap and a more non-traditional of talking about history while still getting the points and history itself across. You can see it here!

A good 2nd example would the Revolution choice video, I and my group created. Essay style with animated segments is usually how history videos work, but by actually portraying the people and talking about the story, it helps you visualize a bit more. You can see it here!

Knowledge Constructor

I find for this competency I can I would have to say my French Revolution Video. We used many sources that we curated into the video, and through informative segments that really showed off in the end. You can watch it here!

For my second video, I would like to refer to my American Revolution Video. To create an interesting and historically accurate video, we had used many sources and use digital tools ( such as iMovie) to create a final product. You can see it here!

And finally

Computational thinker.

I would as a computational thinker my shining example of this, in the beginning, would be my 4 shot film. For the four-shot film, we had overcome the glaring problem of making a film in 4 shots. We had developed a solution to this problem by finding unique angles and ways to shot it. Overall, I’d say it represents me as a computational thinker.

My secondary example would be UNO! A ghost town film. Now Uno was interesting because before filming, we didn’t actually know the area we were filming or the conditions. So we had to solve the unique problem of filming when it’s raining, not to mention using additional to route out our scenes.

Well, that was all of them! All of the videos I have worked on in the past term talked about/critiqued on the curricular competencies they represent. Honestly, this has helped me reflect!

So, see ya guys later!