This Seycovian Life

Hello friends, Jude again. PLP projects pass and months pass, but there is something special with the last humanities project we had “project podcast”. Not only is it the first mid-covid, adjusted school project, but it’s also the first grade 10 PLP project and the first project in the audio medium.

In this project, we learnt about podcasts and how to make a podcast trailer, and we learned about identity.

The driving question in this project was How Might I Create A Trailer For My Podcast Which Informs, Inspires, And Entertains??  

So, now with this project and its information in mind, let’s dive into the topic…….

A major part of the project was an exploration of identity and what it means. We started by independently defining identity as how we believe it I wrote:

What defines you as a person and how you will be remembered. An expression of how you are (beliefs, values, what you like/don’t like, culture, history ), and what defines you as a person and how you will be remembered. Your background plays a role in who your identity is.

Alongside our definitions of it, we also explored our own identity by creating bio-poems and mask illustrations of our identity. We ended our discussions of this by creating a formative blog post about identity. With this blog post, we had to create a gif of a double-exposed image and representations of our identity. You can view that blog post here. So now I want to end this section by discussing the competencies we had to show for this milestone.

Creative Communicator

How might I use technology to create and communicate?

I have used technology to communicate in this milestone by not only creating an image and gif from other images but by using information from multiple sources, teachers, family and the internet to create my own definition of identity.
Since that is all over with, let’s jump into the second part of the project…
Since this PLP school year is an exploration of the audio medium, we are obviously going to be learning about podcasts, as it’s a frontrunner of the audio medium.  So let’s start at the beginning, what a podcast? A podcast is an oral story or discussion which is specifically on the online medium. We fulfilled the definition of a podcast in the first milestone of the project when we created a short oral story. I discussed the creation and fall of Pepe the frog. When we got deeper into the project, we learnt about what we were going to create our own podcast and trailer by using a podcast planner. The podcast I made is called JudoCast: Deep Dive, a podcast in which I take a deep dive into my favourite pop culture things.
So now I want to end this post by discussing the competencies we had to show for this milestone. Which ironically is the same as the last one!

Creative Communicator

I used technology to communicate and create by creating and honing down a good podcast trailer by communicating and learning what makes a podcast and a trailer good.

welp, that’s all I have to say about this project. Cya!