Federal election 2021

Hello everyone and yes I am back with another post summer is over sadly. But I am here to talk about Government of Canada and the election that happened on Monday. So first let’s talk federal Government the federal government is where the prime minister which is Justin Trudeau works as our leader and its where all the big decisions are made but not all decisions are made there. Decisions can be made by the Provincial government where each province will then select a premier and they are the leader of the province. But there is still the municipal government and they make decisions for your city or town.

Let’s talk representatives there are 338 representatives in the government they are in the House of Commons they are known members of parliament or MP. There is 13 governments of Canada because of the 13 provinces of Canada where each province has a premier.

But how do you win the election or become the prime minister? Well each party in this past election there was 5 chooses a representative of the party which is the leader of the leader and the party with the most seats wins you can have a minority government or a majority government a minority government means the party which got the most seats did not get 175 seats which would declare a majority but the liberals got 158 seats that was more then 2015 but not enough for a majority but Justin Trudeau is still prime Minister and the liberals still won the election if he got 175 seats then it would be a majority government and he could make all the decisions. But now that we know about the government of Canada lets look at the results of this past election.  As we can see the election is not over but we do know is that the liberals won a minority government.

How is the government structured  here is good graphic on how our government is structured you us the voters which goes to the government members or the House of Commons which goes to the Prime minister and the cabinet which goes to senate which goes legislative body then at the top Governor General or the queen.

Lastly of this post lets talk my opinion on the election, right off the bat like everyone else is wondering was it a good idea to call a election in the middle of a pandemic well I think there is more to that then about the money and debt we are going into because it cost 600 million but I think Justin called the election in the first place to get a majority government so he could make his own decisions about the pandemic. But we got pretty much the same result as 2015 so now everyone is saying 600 million for this election for what all this money for what but people are not thinking we are already in the forth wave of Covid so who knows we could be in more debt a year from know no one knows really. So the call for the election early maybe yea in the middle of a pandemic not worth it but you have to take into a factor a year from know will covid be so much better or would the election a year from know put us in more debt? But I found it quite interesting the opinions on the PPC party a lot of people still think they should not be a party after they got zero seats for the second election in a row in my opinion I think they should not be a party there Views on the pandemic and the country are not good. But Canadians think the same after getting 0 seats in the past Election. Now I am going to talk about what I think could change about the our Canadian government. I have done some thinking and came up with a concept about how we elect our prime minister and our structure. So I call it the 3 party switch we’re their are 3 party’s running which is the last 3 party’s with the most seats in the last election the rest cant run and the party that gets over 50% gets the whole government but if its less then 50% the party’s have to make a agreement and form one government but the way the cycle works is the party’s with least votes is out and a new party comes in next election and your keep rotating the third place government out each election. In my opinion this could work and would be interesting to see odds are probably zero of this ever happing but would be cool to see anyways thanks for reading cya next time.