My first film for exhibition

The First Film and Exhibition was an Avatar themed event that I was involved in. I helped in the set up of the rooms by changing the staff room into a colonialists “Risk” inspired room. I also created a short film for the event. The other classrooms were transformed into Avatar inspired scenes touching on the subjects of colonialism, environmental disasters, climate change and apathetic corporations that drain resources which can lead to conflicts. The many exhibition rooms were constructed by decorating the walls and transforming a pillar into a tree. Lamps were used to resemble jelly fish, like in Avatar: The Way of Water. 

At the event films made by students giving interviews based off of themes from Avatar: Way of Water were displayed. Viewing boxes were used to engage the viewers complete attention. The viewing box I constructed was blue and had South America painted on it. The theme that was used in my interview was Imperialism and Colonialism. I enjoyed giving the interview portion of the film I created which was also example of my production and video editing skills.