Tell Me, How Do You Feel About Coding?

HOW CAN THE BEHAVIOUR OF MATTER BE EXPLAINED BY THE KINETIC MOLECULAR THEORY AND ATOMIC THEORY” is what todays driving question is! By the end of this blog post, you will have my honest answer to this question.

This project was about coding, and atoms (specifically the kinetic/molecular/atomic theory). So basically, we had to make a game using Scratch, (which is a coding website for kids) that would explain the kinetic/molecular/atomic theory.

As always, we started this project with “a project start MindMap”. I’m not sure if I explained what a MindMap is in one of my prior Sciematics blog posts, I’ll just explain it again. So basically what a MindMap is, is something to keep track of your thoughts. For example, in the middle there will be “mind mapping”, and over to the right there will be a branch with the title “pros” and over to the left is a branch with “cons” and then off of those branches, there will be more branches with the pros and cons! I’m not sure if I explained that very well, but here is my MindMap:

I hope that help you understand a bit better!

Next, same as always, we read a bunch of textbooks, and completed bunch of workbooks, which is one of my least favourite part of any sciematics project TwT

This was the plan for my game:

“WHAT I PLAN TO DO FOR MY GAME!

My game uses a carbon atom. It will be a pong game with 3 levels, easy, medium, and hard. Although instead for calling them “easy, medium, and hard” I will title them “solid, liquid, and gas” and I will add an optional level titled “plasma” which will be next to impossible. In the menu page, I will make it so that you will be able to click on a level of your choice, although you have to complete each level to complete the game (except for the plasma level which is optional, and is just an extra challenge). Once the score hits 30 the game will suddenly cut back to the menu and you will choose a different level. As the levels rise in heat, the pong ball (also known as the molecule) will speed up. I might decide to add in 1 extra atom for liquid (2 atoms in total), and 2 extra atoms for gas (3 atoms in total), and then 2 more atoms and make the paddle a little smaller for the plasma level (3 atoms in total + smaller paddle).

The mechanics of the game is fairly simple, you would just drag your mouse across the screen to move the paddle, the paddle will be at the bottom of the screen, if the ball touches anything on the bottom of the screen other than the paddle, you would get transported back to the menu. Plasma would be the level where the ball is going extremely fast, and solid would be the level where the ball is going extremely slow.

Sadly, most of this didnt happen. I did manage to make a functional png game though!

if you want to play my game, click on this link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/671139103

It’s time to answer the question now!!

Q: HOW CAN THE BEHAVIOUR OF MATTER BE EXPLAINED BY THE KINETIC MOLECULAR THEORY AND ATOMIC THEORY

A: ATOMS IS (ALMOST) CONSTANTLY MOVING, THAT WOULD BE CALLED “KINETIC ENERGY” WHICH IS WHAT CAUSES ATOMS TO MOVE, WHEN HEAT INCREASES, THAT IS CALLED “THERMAL ENERGY” WHICH IS A TYPE OF KINETIC ENERGY. HOW CAN IT BE EXPLAINED? WELL, SCIENCE!

Thank you so much for reading my blog post! I’ll see you in my next blog post :3