Vibrant Video

This project was all about goal setting! I believe I did a goal setting project of some sort for school last year as well. More specifically, S.M.A.R.T goals!

S.M.A.R.T stands for:

S: specific

M: measurable

A: achievable

R: relevant

T: timed

A S.M.A.R.T goal is pretty much just a goal that’s bound by rules. According to S.M.A.R.T goal setters, a goal isn’t achievable unless it has all 5 factors of a S.M.A.R.T goal.

Anyways, the vary first thing that was done in this project was called “Clips”! It was an assignment based off of a little assignment (that I went absolutely all out on lol) called “what inspires me?” Which was just a series of questions about myself, what I like, what I don’t like, what motivates me, etc :’) it looks like this!:

“What Inspires Me?

1. What do I enjoy doing? Why?

Well as you probably know, drawing. Drawing is my creative output, it allows me to be creative in my own ways, but it also acts as a dump for my negative thoughts and emotions, it helps me make room for the important stuff, like school. It also makes me money lol

1. What don’t I enjoy doing? Why?

Probably arguing. I get really competitive and try to “win” the argument as if I would win an award for most amounts of actually offensive insults in one sentence or something. It just makes me feel horrible knowing that I’m making someone else feel horrible. I’m not a mean person, at least I try not to be – I’m only human so of course there will be a few slip-ups, but I try not to upset someone, which usually results in an argument.

1. What gives me meaning and purpose to my life?

People. People do, people are such wonderful specimens, they can make or break your life. Of course I play a big part in that, but so do my peers. Most of us are so spontaneous and unpredictable. The curiosity of how other people will shape my day tends to get me up in the morning.

1. What are my talents or skills? How might I improve them?

Again, drawing. I’m personally pretty happy where I am now, but theres always rooms for improvement. Again this is a relatively big cliché, but practice does not make perfect, but it does make better. If I want to get somewhere in my artistic career, I have to practice. All the time. Get opinions and constructive criticism from other people, try new things, take risks, etc.

I’m also really good art comforting people, at some point I wanted to be an art therapist, not exactly sure where that idea went, but it still hovers in the back of my mind sometimes. I would be so much more comforting is I had a larger “audience”. I don’t have a ton of friends to comfort in the first place, most of them deal with their stuff silently, and alone.

1. What do I like to read or watch movies about?

I honestly don’t read or watch movies that much, I prefer TV shows more than anything. It lasts longer. I watch a lot of drama, soap operas, that kind of thing. I watched all seventeen (eighteen?) seasons of Greys Anatomy, I cried in some scenes, sometimes it made my day, sometimes it did the polar opposite. I recently finished “Orange is the New Black” and it was a lot better than I was expecting. I was kind of expecting a more soap opera-y vibe like Greys Anatomy due to how long it was, but it wasn’t, it was actually a show that my parents could get into as well (surprisingly).

1. What do I daydream about?

If I’m being completely and entirely honest, furries. My brain is made out of fluffy animals it this point lol. I have some form of ADHD and it is my main hyper-fixation, it’s what I obsess over throughout the duration of most of the day, and it’s basically the only thing that I draw nowadays. I can’t remember how I got into it in the first place, I think someone introduced it to me? I’m not entirely sure though.”

If you want to watch my clips video, you can watch it here!

Next up is shot and angles! This was an assignment about well, shots and angles of course! I did this one with Tom and Ronan. We were meant to do a short film with an old vibe to it, like with no sound, black and white, etc. It was supposed to be about an achieved goal! The goal that we came up with was about rock climbing! Aaaand here it is:

Next thing was called “Planning and shooting”! This one was also about a goal kinda thing, although it was supposed to have more of a tutorial kinda vibe. That’s literally it lol, I was teamed up with Keaton, Logan, and Charlie R! Considering there were two trombone players in our group (Charlie R and Logan), of course we had to do a tutorial on how to play the trombone! I filmed and edited. I feel like I could have done a LOT more in the editing category but it’s a don’t deal now :,) here’s how it looks!

And that’s it! Overall I think I did a pretty decent job on this project. I only missed one assignment throughout the whole project! And plus I haven’t gotten a single sun-cloud or a cloud so far – only suns and rainbows (PLP slang for B+ to A+ lol). In the beginning last year I i was getting sun-clouds left and right! Throughout the entire year I only ever got one or two rainbows (essentially an A to A+), and in the first two(?) months of this year I’ve already gotten 3 rainbows!! I’d say that is a pretty A-OK improvement since last year :’)

Thank you so much for reading my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!