The Storm Barricades – Russian Edition

(WORK IN PROGRESS)

This project was about some of the great revolutions of the world, the French revolution, the American revolution, the Russian revolution, and the Haitian revolution. We were split up into groups, and picked a revolution to research – my group decided on the Russian revolution – and started to research. My group *technically* consisted of 3 people, whereas the other groups had a minimum of 4 people, and the other class had 6 or more people, we knew we would h be the group that would have to work the hardest, we had a HUGE disadvantage, we were going to have to compete against the other Russian revolution group (who had 3 or 4 more people than we did…).

The very first thing we did was some roleplay! We roleplyed that we were citizens in a new nation – “Nation X”, and there were 4 (I think) classes, royals, jailers, store keepers, and peasants, in order of most power to least. I was a part of the peasants class, we had to write a paper a day (1 roleplay day = 5-10 irl minutes) consisting of at least 100 words about our day, we would sell this for $1, if we didn’t write a paper, we wouldn’t get payed. I would consider myself a writer by heart, so naturally I wrote 200+ words per day (yes, this is in fact a flex.), although I still only got payed $1/day lol. I think I might’ve thrown out some of the paper or got mixed in with some other papers at home, I’ll look around a bit and update this once I get home :’)

Unfortunately, I was sick for the first two assignments so I’m not exactly sure what the are they are or how to explain them, but when I got back, we did the the Revolution Graphic Organizer/infographic! An infographic is a visual form of notes kinda, you know what, I’ll just show you!

First draft:

Final draft: