Medium is The Message

*~~~*

Welcome to my blog!

In this project, we were told to research and learn all we could about advertising, and conclude by creating an advertisement of our own to present to a real business. We had an interview with the business owner we were working with, and found out what they wanted for the ad. We talked to a professional on advertising, who gave us some tips and ideas on what we could do for our advertisements to make them look professional and eye-catching. We came up with multiple drafts, and eventually created one final group ad to send off to the businesses, with the hopes of getting it put up on a bus stop sign.

We were told too make ads for local businesses in The Cove, and my business that I was assigned was Covert Cafe. In this project, I struggled with extending my effort and trying my best, some items came in incomplete, while others were not handed in at all. I learned to examine advertisements online more carefully, and recognize the advertising techniques that are used in whatever I am looking at and analyze them thoughtfully. I also learned to understand advertising and appreciate it more than I ever would have without doing this project.

I created a slideshow showing all of my drafts for the ad I created, here it is:

• In this draft I added the covert logo for the text
  • In this draft I added an image of covert for the background
  • This is my final draft. It is much more simplified than the others

I liked my final draft because it was simplistic, but also showcased a lot about Covert in a small image. It included the Covert website at the bottom of the page, and a cinnamon bun directly at the top. It had a picture that my group members took of the inside of the cafe.

Overall, I think I reached a developing level with this project. I agree with my teachers on the fact that I was capable of reaching an accomplished learning level, but I didn’t.

Sincerely, the owner of this blog post, Kate (JASPER) :]