A Hazardous reflection

We just did DI. What a rollercoaster that was.

I was a member of a technical team. For the last 5 months my team and I have been working on DI. DI is a competition where groups of people work together so create a solution with a prepared skit and an instant challenge that can be anything.

My team was The Hazardous Heros. We where a technical team working to create 2 devices to overcome hazards in an escape. We started of with understanding and recognizing the challenge and rules to know what exactly where we doing. Then we began planning our builds and story. Oh we also had a $200 dollar budget to create this on. My team was Charlie M, Makenzie T, Cameron L, Jessi G, Max M, Sofia G and me Keenan.

Our story involved a Zoom science experiment gone wrong, 2 devices to distract them  and 3 obstacles.

For the obstacles we built a ramp, gravel terrain and tunnel. Our devices where a robot coded by me and a mouse trap car.

I was in charge of the robot and its code and was assisted by Charlie. Sophia was in charge of story assisted by Cameron , Me and Makenzie. Costume team choice elements where led by Makenzie and assisted by Charlie. Jessi led our art team choice elements. Cam designed the gravel terrain and built it with the help of Charlie Max and me. Makenzie also built the Ramp and tunnel.

How the builds went. First me, Charlie and Cam began design and prep of almost everything as we met up and used our time for that. We also began prepping supplies, while that was happening I began my code and began alpha testing on our 3rd meet up. Then me and Charlie built a mouse trap car. Then the story was completed and most plans were finalized. After that Charlie and Cam started the uneven terrain with designs by me and a bit of assistance from max. Over spring break Makenzie built the other 2 hazards. Then over our final 2 weeks Jessi painted the barrier. Charlie and Makenzie met up and created the costumes. Then we had a big meet up and built the ramps for the uneven terrain. Soon we were done.

Day of Presentation went not so well. The mouse trap care failed after hours of testing and fixing with medium success. We brought the wrong supports for the ramp and the uneven terrain which we over built causing problems. But ignore that and our story went well and my robots code worked. Also our instant challenge which all I am allowed to say was it went great.

Below will be a collage of Photos of our work and there will be a video embed to show our presentation as soon as I manage to get ahold of it. There also is links to my teammates blogs.

Charlie

Max

Mackenzie

Cameron

Sofia

Jessie

Bye