The Best and Worst of Crocheting

Hello and welcome or welcome back to my blog.

today we have the second post in the geek out challenge. Today I am going to be talking about the top three best and worst things about crocheting. Please note that these are all based off of my own experience. More experienced crocheters may have different opinions.

The top three best things about crochet:

1. It is something that can keep you busy.

Crochet is one of those things that can keep you busy during long car rides, plane trips and more. (You can actually bring a crochet hook in your carry on) you can just simply focus on crocheting, but if I’m doing a longer project, I will watch YouTube or watch a movie. (A few good ones that I have seen are:

Encanto

Shang Chi and The Legend Of The Ten Rings

Captain Marvel

and Avengers Age Of Ultron.

2. You can make all sorts of things.

from clothing to animals, the possibilities are endless (Well you do have some limitations). I have made things like hats, blankets, bees and more.

3. You cam make things for yourself, other people, or even sell things.

crochet things make great gifts. You cam make someone something based on their preferred colours to make it more personalized, make their favourite animal, or even a new hat. You can also sell things. I sell the bees that I make for around $10 to my mom’s friends, and make some profit from it.

The top three worst things about crocheting:

1. Your fingers get tired easily.

When you are crocheting for long periods of time without taking regular breaks, your fingers get tired really easily. You need to take regular breaks to massage your fingers. Get some food or water. Use the washroom. These can all be excuses to get a break. It doesn’t matter if it takes you a while. Everybody moves at their own pace.

2. Loosing things.

From Yarn Needles to your initial crochet hook, unless you are really neat and organized, you are going to loose your crochet supplies from time to time. When you do, it can be really frustrating, just leave it for a bit, and then you will find it when you least expect it.

3. Prices

Some supplies can be really expensive. Depending on the yarn or wool, it can cost you $3-15 per ball of yarn or wool. Also when you loose things or something wears down. Then you have to buy new things, and they can be very expensive/

One thought on “The Best and Worst of Crocheting

• January 18, 2022 at 10:27 pm
    Permalink

Hey Keira!
    What have made you think of writing blog about crocheting?
    I agree that crochets are great gifts because anyone would like a cute little present like crocheting.
    I noticed that you enjoy crocheting very much. I was wondering if you could explain why you like it so much?
    You mentioned that your fingers get tired easily, does your hands hurt a while after crocheting?
    Thank you! -Julia

Reply