Crochet Q+A

Hello and welcome or welcome back to my blog!
Today I am going to be answering some commonly asked questions I get about crochet. Some of these are questions that my friends have asked me, and some are questions that I think people might have.

How did you start crocheting?

I started crocheting by watching a two hour youtube video. This was the only video that I watched, and although it taught me quite a few techniques, I think that I should have also found a video that thought me how to do some other basic stitches.

How long does it take you to make things?

This depends on what you are crocheting and how big or small it is. The quickest thing I have made that actually looked good was around 20 minutes. Other projects can take an hour, a day, a week, or a month. Once again, it all depends on what you are crocheting and the size.

Can you bring your crochet hook on an airplane?

Believe it or not, you actually can! I tested this when I went to Edmonton over winter break. Whenever I go through airport security, something always happens, from the random check to accidentally putting a bottle of conditioner in my carry on. I was nervous that they wouldn’t let me through with it (the crochet hook), so I put it in my toiletries bag so that they could see it.

What do you need to start crocheting?

All you need is a ball of yarn or wool, a crochet hook, scissors, and something to teach you, weather it is a person or a youtube video. To make sure your crochet hook it the right size, check the ball of wool or yarn, and there should be a little image with a crochet hook, and a number. On the packaging of crochet hooks, it says the size.

That’s all for now!
Thanks for reading!
bye!