Its the most stressful time of the yearrrrrrrr (tPOL 2022)

Hello and welcome or welcome back to my blog. This blog post is for my tPOL. tPOL Stands for transitional presentation of learning. Similar to the mPOL, you have a total of 12 minutes to present. You must reflect on your growth as a learner across all PLP courses, reflect on your work habits, areas for improvement, etc, and more.

as usual, before we start our tPOL, we must state the following.

ā€œThank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.ā€

As for all projects, there is a driving question. For this project it is:

Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?

I have never really put thought into this question before. It was always just finish another year of school, have a break for a few months, then move to a new classroom, I never thought about if I was really ready.

At the start of the year we made these annoying things calle learning plans. We had to fill them out with information on where we want to be with the core competencies, and where we think that we will be at the end of the year.

HUMANITIES:
a the start of the year, I put down that I thought that I would be accomplished at the end of the year. I think that I had high expectations for myself, thinking hat I could magically improve my work habits and turn in everything in on time, though that really was not the case. I managed to get in some of my work in on time, though there were those times where I forgot to write down somethign and then I forgot about it and didnt turn ti in on time. There were also times when I just didnā€™t turn things in until a lot later, because if lack of motivation to do the work. At the start of the year, I said that some of my strengths were working in a group, sharing my ideas, including everyone in conversations, and listening to otherā€™s ideas. I think that these ahve pretty much stayed the same. A project that I think showcased all of these was the first Humanities project we did. Though it was so long ago, when we were sill learning how to use our iPads (we know so little back then), I think that it was the best group that I worked with. I think that was back when I still turned in most of my stuff on time too. The outsiders was also a project where I think I really showed my strengths, as well as having a lot of new experiences. We had our fist exhibition, and this was also the first project that we did where one of the finals things we did wasnā€™t digital, instead being our tableaus that we presented at the winter exhibition. I think that a project that I really showed my incapability to do my work on time was the poetry project. I didnā€™t turn in any of the work in on time, and I think that I definitely could have turned in my work on time.

SCIMATICS
Scimatics was a class that I think I could have done so much better at. Iā€™m pretty sure that the only projects I turned everything in on time Were the first few projects. The first one was fractions of your time, and it was at the very start of the year, so it was less stressful. Then, there were Techtonic chances and laser laws. I donā€™t think that the reason that I managed to turn in my work on time for these projects but because for both projects I was in a group. When I work in groups, it motivates me to complete my work Fully and on time so I donā€™t disappoint the rest of my group members. At the start of the year I said that my skills in scimatics were doing initial math problems, making things, and working in a group. I think that these have stayed the same, though I think that I can add doing some more advanced math/science topics that we learned this year. For growth, I put ā€œI want to be able to complete things on time and have them fully done had submitted the night before because I always turn things in late and or incomplete.ā€ From the time that I wrote this to now, I donā€™t think I had very much growth. There was probably the odd time that I turn something in on time, so looking at all of my assignments, most of my scimatics work is handed in late. At the start of the year I said that I wanted to be accomplished at the end of the year, and I think thatā€™s what I am right now.

MAKER
although maker was a class that we only had for the first semester, I think from the time I wrote this to the end of the semester I had some form of growth. At the start of the year I wrote that my Strankā€˜s were listening to others, bringing good ideas to the table, and including everyone in the conversation. I also put that I thought that I was good at creating things. I think that these have mostly say the same, though I can say that my skills of using a bunch of different apps and navigating the iPad has improved greatly. At the start of the year when I first got my iPad I had no idea how do use it. Well, I didnā€™t know how to use it but just the basics. I didnā€™t know how do use a bunch of the Apps that were on my iPad, and if I I had figured out how to use an app, it wasnā€™t very well. Maker definitely expanded my skills of using the iPad. For growth, I put that I wanted to hand in all of my assignments on time and I also wanted to not rush my assignments because most of the work I had turned in before I been very rushed. I think that mostly I was able to turn in my work that hadnā€™t been rushed. Although destination imagination was only a maker class for a few weeks, there classes were used well. We got to know our groups, created ideas for our challenge solutions, looked over challenge rules and more. All of this proved to be very helpful in the near future.

A total list of work I think that I did really well:

scimatics tectonic chances,

Scimatics laser laws,

scimatics fractions of our time,

Destination imagination

humanities the outsiders

humanities medium is the message

maker becoming a PLP learner

My final laptop memoji.

Projects that I could have done a lot better:

Working with words

Chemistry coding

comic cells

If you have made it this far, thank you for reading and have a nice day!