This is my last Scimatics blog post for the year. In fact, the last one of grade 8 in total (totally not because I am handing this in late).
The name of this project was Comic cells, we had to create a comic about a disease or virus that interacts with a cell. I struggled to figure out what to pick, since my first choice wasn’t a good idea (it was pinkeye). After I figured out what I was going to do we had to create a wanted poster for the disease. Here is mine:
After that we did some work books like usual then basically started working on our rough draft for the comic.
We had a template that we pushed to Notability and then drew on it in there. My rough draft is kind of messy and has some spelling mistakes but here it is:
Just like in every scimatics project we had to create a mind node. So here is my project start mind map and end one!
Then we went on to making the actual comic! We created it in a app called Comic Life 3, we had to have at least 10 scientific vocab words and at least 18 slides.
I took me a little bit but I finally finished my comic, I drew my drawings on an app called procreate! My comic was about leukaemia in a girls body, and the white blood cells attacking the leukaemia white blood cells. I thought it would be fun if I added my comic in here so this is a link too it! chasing down leukaemia.
Question and predicting:
When creating the comic I had many questions about my disease and what not. So I researched what I wanted to know. However, rather than just read the first article that popped up on my Google search, I questioned what I was reading and checked out multiple other articles to confirm my facts. For example, I was really stuck on how chemotherapy really works. My initial article was confusing because it wasn’t giving me the answer I wanted. I was only getting information on how it changed the cells but not how it entered or really affected the body. After lots of reading I learned a lot and that helped the ending of my story, and the resolution of my story was the the girl getting chemo therapy. So I had to look up how long it takes and how they do so.
I was able to meet the criteria and inserted scientific vocabulary on leukaemia and cells and disease into my comic book. I researched and asked my peers and teachers what would be some examples beforehand. I feel I was successful.
I was able to remember that the comic has to still be educational. I made sure I had cells, and diseases and a plot line of course.
Overall I think I did pretty good throughout this project and I’m proud of myself.