How it started/how its going summative post

Our newest project’s name was called “how it started / How its going” and it revolved around Medieval and Renaissance art. Our driving question of the project was what can we learn from the past, and why does it matter to us today? One of the first assignments we got was the “my history test” which was a one question test. The question was “What historically significant events help shape our worldview?” Which is a very interesting question and it really made me think.

Our main project was to find a piece of Medieval or Renaissance art and then make it more modern by adding our face on one of the people in the photo and adding stuff like IPhones, AirPods, planes and new types of clothes which didn’t exist back then. Here Is my art that I created: 

For the final project we had to make an artist statement on the artwork we made which connected to the worldview aspect our group was given. For my group I was given the task of being a flex group member which means that I helped with everything. For example if someone needed help writing a script or something I would step in and help them finish it. 

We talked about historical significance a lot during this project. We would find an event back in medieval or Renaissance times and we would say why it is historically significant today like for example we talked a lot about the printing press. It was made back in the Renaissance times and it is very historically significant because we now use printers in our everyday lives.

On most of our assignments we were graded on one big topic which was “How might I use technology to construct knowledge” throughout the project we used a new app called SuperimposeX which I had never used before and it had a big role in helping construct my project. I also learned how to use the Google Arts and culture app which helped me find my piece of art which led to my final project.

On the final day of our project we had a big PLP 8 Zoom meeting where we talked about our roles in the project and how we helped shape the final product. I was in Flex group one. A flex member is a person who helps his or her group members on every task that needs working on. After the Zoom meeting ended everyone went onto the virtual museum. The virtual museum was what we were working on with our groups. When you went into this virtual museum you could see everyone’s art work. If you clicked on someone’s art work it would play their voice recorded artist statement. Here is my artist statement: 

I had lots of fun making this project and I hope we can do more projects similar to this one in the future.