What it do. It appears we have finished another project and that means another blog post. This project was called Metaphor Machines and we basically had to make a Rube Goldberg machine while using the scientific method as a metaphor and including a lightbulb. This was a group project and I was with Coop Dawg, Mickey and Claire. Imma keep it a buck here, this project was pretty boring. I definitely learned from it like the different kind of circuits and how they work but it still was pretty boring.
The first day was pretty easy like usual. We started off with an intro to Rube Goldberg machines by doing some “junk yard wars”. Mr. Harris provided some scrap materials and we had to make a machine outa that. Next we did the typical start to the project, the mind map and a few workbooks. This concept was a little tough for me to grasp but none the less I still know more now then I did.🤷🏽♂️
Next we did 3 different labs about circuits and electricity. We had to use different types off circuits and different volts. This was probably the hardest part of the project because it was really confusing with all of the wires. All 3 labs where very similar with them all being about the same thing just for complex each time. Me and Cooper literally did all the work in this stage.
After one more workbook and a khan academy test we had to design the blue print for our machine. No one really did there’s so we just used mine and didn’t change anything
a lil explanation, the ball rolls down the ramp, down a tube, onto the scale, left scale goes down hits dominoes, right scale goes up hits light switch, dominoes topple, hit another ball, rolls down another slope, bounces off balloon hits big wood, big wood hits another ball, balls goes in cup, thee end.
we then got a big peice of wood to start the rough draft then building. Mickey and Claire spent 2-3 classes in a row painting the whole time. They painted the board blue and wrote wheezer which is actually very funny. 😐😐😐 Anyway, me and Cooper started building with a lil help from Claire and Micky. We built for a solid 2 classes. I then had to change up my blueprint because not everything I wanted to included entirely made it in the final product. Here’s what it was actually like. Some minor changes but enough to make it different yknow?
After we built it we had to make sure it worked, then record a video of it working. Mickey and Claire made one while I made another. Personally I think mine was better. Your also about to find out why this title is called “I 💚 Yeat”
Questing and Predicting: this one’s bassiclay your overall curiosity of the topic. I got a 🌤/☀️ In this one because of 2 reasons. 1 is because I fell asleep in class. It’s not like I meant to. Plus we where on break my nap just extended break. 2 me and Ewan had a little friendly tussle because he twisted my nips so I kicked him in the balls. Not hard just enough.
Reasoning and Analyzing: I got a 🌤/☀️ Here as well. This one just says estimate reasonably so I guess that’s all it means. I should get a sun here later because I didnt hand in my blueprint with the grid background on but I just handed it back in WITH the grid background so it should change to a ☀️.
Planning and Conducting: this one is pretty much just using the right equipment and recoding the data correctly. I recorded the data correctly in the lab experiments but not the final product. I just didn’t do the right kind of circuit in my final product. I used a series circuit but no parrelel circuit and like I said I was missing the data for the Rube Goldberg machine.
Scientific Communication: this one is just the final video. I could’ve got a sun on it but I got a ⛅️ Instead because my voice was to muffled over the best song ever. If we ever do something like this again I’ll definitely have to make the music quieter and speak in a more clear voice.
Well folks, that’s all for this project. Overall I found it very boring but I did take away i few things from it. Anyway Cya next time! Slatt Slatt Slatt 💚🐍