MY GRADE 9 STORY

In a week, grade 9 will be over. This week however is a week of reflection and revision. In this post im going to be talking about growth I made in grade 9, the work im most proud of, my work habits, and lastly a goal for grade 10.

OF MY WORK I COMPLETED THIS YEAR, WHAT AM I MOST PROUD OF?

This answer is kind of hard to answer as I have a few favorite projects of mine. I’m going to show my 3 projects, and give little descriptions of why they are my favorite.

DESTINATION IMAGINATION 

Ah, DI. I chose this as one of my favorites not because I liked it, but because I worked so hard and we ended up with a great outcome. I’m proud of myself for every hour I put into DI, to make it the best I possibly could. I also am proud of the fact, I didnt do everything in the group unlike last year. I made sure to split all the tasks up and stay organized.

LAKE LOUISE VIDEO 

This is definitely my overall favorite project from grade 9. I talked about this in my January MPOL a little bit, so im not going to go much in depth, but I will tell you this: I think I like the project because I related it to real life, and told a story. I was very stubborn when it came to this project (as Ms Maxwell would know.) Because, I knew it had protental and I didn’t want to hand in something mediocre. This project took persistence, patience and hard work.

BLUE SKY

December Star Wars Exhibition
June Spring Exhibition

I take blue sky very seriously, and try to make the best possible thing I can. Why? I absolutely hate standing in front of and talking about something I’m not proud of. I spend a lot of time to make these projects to something im happy with.

Some honorable mentions are, BLUE SKY, METAPHOR MACHINES, FRANKINSTUFFY & LIKE TERMS MATH PROJECT.

WHAT IS SHOWN THROUGHOUT ALL THE WORK I PRODUCE?

I had to think about the answer to this for a while, and Ive came to the conclusion its CONSISTENCYI dont hand in good work for one project then horrible work for the next. All the projects ive produced are in areas of good.

I make sure I am consistent throughout my work so when I do something good people like, they aren’t surprised I made it. You can see this throughout any of the work I have made. From one class assignment sketch notes, to huge projects like heritage minutes.

WHAT HAVE I FOUND FRUSTRATING ABOUT PLP WORK? 

Whenever I come across as problem I have, before blaming it on PLP I see the root of what the problem is and see what its caused by and if I can fix it. I do this so I am making sure im not blaming PLP for my procrastination. Ive gone over the roots of what I’m going to talk about so I’m not complaining about something that’s my fault.

LIFE/SCHOOL BALANCING 

Balancing producing high quality work and having fun aftershool or the weekends hasn’t really worked this year. I found myself having to say no to go do something or go somewhere with friends, my dad, and grandparents because I had work to do. I cant blame this on procrastination because it usually happens when we get assigned too many things at one time and I have to stretch it over a few days, with no room to mess around. If I compare regular stream schools homework to PLP, PLP definitely has more. Ive noticed some months we have little to no homework and some months we have assignments due daily. I think this could be solved with more class time to work on projects due/less assigned work at once so we can produce our best work.

As much as I love PLP I do find this frustrating, and unavoidable.

WHATS ONE GOAL  YOU WOULD LIKE TO SET FOR GRADE 10?

For grade 10 I would like to challenge myself in Math and science. The past 2 years Ive been doing well in math and science but now I want to leave my comfort zone and try and learn new things.

I will do this by asking Mr. Gross lots of questions and investigating in ways I can expand my knowledge in Math & Science.

CONCLUSION.

Grade 9 was definitely the most hardworking year I’ve ever had. I travelled to Calgary and Ottawa with PLP, Toronto, Montreal, Palm Springs, and Sad Diego. In between all those I dedicated my time to school and producing work I’m proud of.

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>