Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Weekly Reflection Week #1

This week was quite short and consisted of only two days on our new subject matter. When we were first introduced I was very confused about what we were going to focus on as a class. I knew that it will include the book/play The Taming of the Shrew, a comedy by William Shakespeare, and Woman’s Rights. I have no idea where this project will fall between these two powerhouses of subjects, but I don’t doubt the judgement of my teachers. This week I learned about woman’s rights and the suffrage movement in both England and Canada. As well as the changing use of the “s” slure. On the side we learned some new useful vocabulary words, to broaden our vernacular. *God am I glad I did my homework.

Overall, I know there will be a lot in the store for the next five weeks and although part of me can’t wait to jump in, I know I will have to be diligent and time management so I can approach my learning from the best direction.

2 Comments

1. Ms. Willemse October 20, 2020

Great post, Luca. I like that you talk about what you learned specifically and what you are interested in.

• Luca Oliver-Green October 20, 2020 — Post Author

Thank you Ms. Willemse, that is very kind of you.