About Me

My name is Luca Poniaczyk, I’m 13 years old and I’ve been living in Vancouver for five years now. In warm temperatures I enjoy playing soccer, going fishing [A LOT], flying my RC planes, and studying about aquatic animals.

Living in Vancouver has been one big change in my life. When i was 7 years old my mom told me and my brothers we would have to move to a different country, away from my family and best friends. At first i thought it was the end of the world but it was actually the beginning of my life. When we got to are new house, we discovered a new species of spiders call Wolf Spiders and we found 7 big ones in are house [none of them were killed].

The first day of school was difficult because I didn’t know were to go and I couldn’t understand any one. I came from a country that’s is apparently 9,287 km away from Canada. But moving to Canada has been the inspiration of my life, moving here has helped me gain more knowledge of my dreams and more friendship then i had back in my country.

I’ve learned almost every species of aquatic animals here in Vancouver and I’ve caught most of them as well. The best trophy fish that I’ve caught were a 25 pound Dog Fish, a 10 pound  Flounder, and a 17 pound I believe Sockeye Salmon but I’m not sure.   

Since i was 2 my dream was to fly a airplane and I’ve been researching about aviation history, machines of a plane and the models of almost every plane existed for 11 years now.

When i was 12 my dream came true, for the first time in my life. I flew a plane for about 27 minutes and It was the best minutes of my life. Every time I step inside a plane, I can feel the control stick right on my hands.