Making Interesting Images

How might i use the still image to create and communicate through technology?

Photos and images can hook your attention(distract you), cause emotion like laughter, happiness, sadness, and basically any emotion, interest you, make you curious, share a lot of information, and instil a visual perspective on things. There are countless ways of evoking all these things but I’ll tell you a couple key ones: edit your photos(e.g. adjust the lighting to dark if you want to evoke something scary or frightening), give the audience something to think and predict about(make them curious), and finally try to make it fun(remember, you want to interest your audience not bore them to death!). 

What are the 3 skills you found most useful and why?

1. Manufacturing Mood- I found this skill very useful because, having the ability to change someone’s mood or emotion by just looking at a photo is in an unworldly way: amazing.           It also engages the audience whether in a happy way, a sad way, or elsewhere.
  2. Composing Composition- I found this skill quite useful because when you re-draw the image it gives you a chance to get creative and make connections. This can engage the audience since you can add some personality like colours and faces rather than a boring, lacking colours photo.
  3. Bird’s Eye View- I found this one semi-useful because, for example, your on a plane trip to Hawaii and you see a nice view below with some people but, since your so high up, they just look like specs, and this definitely gives you a perspective of a bird. It could also be useful if you wanted to get a shot of the sky, the stars, or another nearby planet like the sun or the moon 

Here’s my keynote slideshow to put my work into a visual perspective: