Geometry (or is it geography, I forget which one)

For this project, I went to Alberta! And then I wrote a book. But still, Alberta (in case you didn’t know, Alberta is in Canada).
The trip was 9 days, and was there to help us answer the driving question: How Has the Geography in the West Shaped Who We Are. We started off the trip by going to Three Valley Gap, where we stayed a night. When we got there, we had time to go to the ghost town, where I took an interesting picture (my face has a really weird expression, but you’ll have to take my word for it). After that we went to Calgary. While in Calgary, we went to Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump (a national historic park about indigenous buffalo hunting), Frank’s Slide (a rockslide disaster in the town of Frank), Beakerhead (an art and science festival), the Calgary Zoo and more. After Calgary, we went to Lake Louise and the Larch Valleys. On day 7 we went to Banff and the  Columbia Icefields. We ended our trip in golden, where our bus broke down. We spent the last day on a 9 hour bus ride home. Through out the trip, we learned about different ways geography impacted the west, and the way things were done. For instance, Frank’s slide happened because of the way the mountain was formed, and because people were mining in it. It shows a way geography impacted the west with the fact that the coal in the mountain drew settlers in, and how things are done by the fact that even though there was just a disaster, people continue mining after the disaster to get the coal in the mountain. another important thing that happened in our history is the railway. The railway was built as a promise to BC, and as a way to convince BC that they should join Canada instead of Oregon. Once we got home, we worked on a book about our driving question, and the 5 themes of Geography.

Our books answers the driving question in three different categories: History, Diversity and Economy. My book reflects the history aspect. I thought that history most accurately answers the driving question out of all the categories. Anything anyone has done is because of their history. In the book, it goes into more detail about the 5 themes of geography, it talks about my experience at some of the places we went to and includes some extra activities we did.  Anyways, I’ll see you next time.