Mpol Pt. 17 (or some other number)

MPoL. Again. Yaaaaaaaaay (because text doesn’t show this, this line is said with lots of sarcasm). In case you don’t know, MPoL stands for mid year presentation of learning. It’s a time half way through the year where I self asses how well I’ve been doing this year and what I can improve upon. Oh and also I have to do this in front of a teacher and my parents. So that’s just fun. So now time for my reflection.

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

I think that overall, this year has been an improvement of last year. I’ve gotten a bit better at reflecting (which was one of my biggest struggles last year), but I still have a lot to improve on. Another thing that I need to improve on is handing in my work on time. I’ve been getting better though out the year, but I still sometimes struggle to hand things in on time. I also think that I’ve been slowly getting better in all my classes, like how at the start of Science this I was close to failing due to not handing a lot of things in on time, to handing (almost) every assignment in on time and doing well in the class. Another class that I think I’ve made a lot of improvements in is Maker, and I think that I’ve gotten better at finding solutions to my problems, such as when my blue screen wasn’t working for my stop motion video, I tried to find a place with better lighting so it would be registered as blue. Now the last thing that I want to talk about before some frequently asked questions is Humanities. I think that this is the class that I struggled the most with because most of the projects involve me reflecting on them (not just with the blog post). Even though it is my worst class, I still think that I’ve improved a lot since last year. Last year I thought that I was awful at Humanities, and was getting really low grades,  but this year I think that I’m not doing the best that I can, but also not doing really bad.

FAQs

What was your favourite project this year?
My favourite project this year was surprisingly a Humanities project called Storm the Barricades, where we learned about the 4 major revolutions.

What was a project you struggled a lot with, but eventually overcame the difficulty?

I feel like this represents most of my projects, but in particular the latest Science project (blog post not out yet) where we had to make an Operations game. I found that this project was really difficult because you had to attach the circuit in just the right way for it to work properly.