Maker

“Sewing” Why I love It

Intro 

Hello! Today I’m going to write about sewing. I’ve been sewing for about six months now and I’ve made a couple of pieces of clothing. I got into sewing after my friend introduced me to it. I now go to a class once a week at a place called Made by Me sewing, I also like to sew at home with my own sewing machine. My first project was a blue long sleeved turtleneck shirt. Here are some pictures.

This wasn’t very a complicated project because all you had to do was put the 2 main shirt pieces together, sew the sleeves on and add the turtleneck. Even though it was very easy it was definitely one of my favourite projects and I love the outcome so I wear the shirt a lot.

Why I like sewing 

I enjoy sewing a lot because most of the time you can just shut your brain off and just sew. I also enjoy being able to make clothing that I can wear instead of just going to a store and buying what you like. You can also design your own clothes and make them without a pattern so it’s completely original.

Thanks for reading about my interest. Have a good day!

One thought on ““Sewing” Why I love It

1. Hi Mackenzie,
    I enjoyed reading your post and hearing about how you got into sewing. A suggestion I have is to include a link in your post (maybe to the Made By Me website).