Humanities · Maker

DI (Doing technical stuff :p)

Hi! This blog post is about a project we’ve been working on for a couple of months called DI. DI stands for a program called Destination Imagination. In Destination Imagination we get put into a group of 6 or 7 students and given a challenge we’re we have to find a solution and present it. 

Our challenge 

In this year of DI I got assigned to the technical challenge. In this challenge your goal is to build 2 robots (one using electricity and one using a different form of power) to overcome 3 hazards that you design and build. You also have to create and present a story about why the robots you built are going over these hazards and present the story during the presentation.

Instant challenges

The other section of DI is the instant challenges. An instant challenge is a random challenge (that you don’t know beforehand) that you usually have 2-3 minutes to complete the challenge that they give you. The reason they put this in DI is to see you how well you work as a team to come up with a solution and how creative your ideas are.

Planning skills 

DI takes a lot of work so Ive learned a lot about planning skills. Like for example making timelines to know when you want done by a certain date, to stay on schedule. Especially when this is such a big project in a little amount of time. Another good skill is being able to spread out the roles so all the work isn’t down to one person while everyone else is doing nothing.

What I enjoy about DI

I really enjoy that DI has given us the opportunity to strength our teamwork and building skills. Most projects in school are just written assignments where you aren’t in control. I like how DI is a very hands on project and you get to control your solution. You can make anything you want to solve the problem.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed.

One thought on “DI (Doing technical stuff :p)

1. Hi Mackenzie!
    I love your brief description of your challenge, it really gives me an idea of what the daring escape teams are trying to do! I think something that you could do to improve this blog post would be links to your team member’s blogs. Anyway, I love the robot drawing!
    -Gwenyth