Humanities

Learning at Loon Lake :D!

We recently went on a trip to Loon Lake in Maple Ridge for 4 days. We got to learn a lot of amazing things by doing something outside of the classroom. I made my second book this year about Loon Lake and reflected on my experience there. You can visit my book here.

What I enjoyed 

I enjoyed meeting a bunch of new people and getting to know my classmates better. I also enjoyed all the fun actives we got to do, including fort building, laser tag, battle archery and watching Back To The Future. 

What I didn’t enjoy

I found that some parts of the trip to be quite stressful, especially on the first day when we were just getting settled in. Also I found it fairly difficult to sleep so for the last 2 days I was pretty exhausted. 

What I would do next trip

On our next field study I would definitely try to take more photos, because once I started working on the reflection book I quickly learned that I didn’t have enough photos and videos. I would also work on going to bed earlier because by the end of the week I was super sleep deprived.

What I learned 

On this trip I learned a lot. First I learned to communicate better with my peers. Once you getto know your classmates it’s definitely easier to communicate. I also learned a about organization, on the 3rd day we had a lesson from one of our teachers about how to stay organized and on top of all your work. I found some of these tips useful for helping me now, especially when I’m swamped with homework.

Meals

On our trip we got to eat a lot of delicious food. Some of my favourite meals were burgers, waffles, lasagna and fajitas. I also got the opportunity to try new foods, like before this trip I had never really eaten coleslaw (which is a type of salad), and I don’t think I had ever had fajitas before which I enjoyed quite a lot. 

Exploring the forest 

We got to explore the forest around Loon Lake a lot. On the first day we got to go on a nature walk around part of the lake. We also go to do fort building in the forest, which was really fun. The best thing we did in there forest was either capture the flag of laser tag. We got to lots of fun stuff while also living in the nature around us which was awesome. 

Loon Lake was definitely an amazing experience and Im very glad that I went. I learned lots of things that will help me later on in life which is one of the main reasons I joined PLP. I had so much fun getting to know my classmates and doing all the fun activities. Thanks for reading my blog, have a good day.