Who Am I?

For the past couple of weeks in maker, we have been working with a site called MyBlueprint.ca. This website helps him school students get matched with possible courses and careers for them, as long with help with a lot of other options.

We started by taking surveys about ourselves as learners, workers, and our skills and traits. Then, we compiled these surveys into a short 3 minute keynote which we then presented to the class. In my keynote, I mentioned how I for the most part agreed with my survey results, except that I am not an auditory learner like it said I was.

Here is my keynote!

The next step was to create my 3 year graduation plan. This is a chart made up of all of the courses that I am taking or plan to take over the next 2 1/2 years. I wasn’t able to find some of the classes I was planning to take, like Econ or English 10, but I was still able to do my best to make it work. I didn’t learn that much from this chart except that I will be taking plenty of classes to be able to graduate. It was nice to see all of these course in one place.

The most complicated portion of this was the post-secondary planning portion. This involved many different options, such as universities, apprenticeships, workplaces, and diploma programs. To get a sense of the options available, I chose one choice from apprenticeships, workplaces, and university programs. The options were:

-Baker

-Animal trainer

-BA of Maths

To compare and contrast these options, I made a graph.

As you can see, it’s very hard to compare these when they are such different opportunities from each other. Still, this opened my eyes to a lot of options out there that I didn’t know about.