Laser laws

Hi There

Today I’m going to talk about what I’ve been doing in Scimatics for the last two months.

First we did a whole bunch of work book pages as usual. In the work books we learned about the Pythagorean theorem. The Pythagorean theorem is used for finding the side lengths of a right angle triangle. The equation is a ² + b ² = c ². A and b being the legs of the triangle and c being the hypotenuse (longest side of a triangle). When you add the length of one leg squared and the length of the other leg squared, you get the length of the hypotenuse squared. Then, you have to find the square root of the hypotenuse

The law of reflection proves that when a beam of light reflects off of an object, the angle of the beam of light and the normal (line that runs perpendicular to the surface) will be the same when the beam hits as when it reflects Then you have to find the square root of the hypotenuse.

this is my start project mind map

This is my end mind map

Driving question

How can we test the Pythagorean theorem and law of reflection? 

We tested it by using the pythagorean theorem and law of reflection to make a right angle triangle by using mirrors and lasers.

My questioning and prediction skill I think would be in the middle of emerging/developing and proficient because I did use most class time efficiently but I did get distracted a lot.

my communicating And representing skill I think was proficient because me and my group followed all the scientific method when we made are laser display.

my applying and innovating design skill I think should be proficient because the triangle was accurately planned labeled and measured. We showed that when we showed of are display.