Comic cells

Welcome back to another blog!

THE DRIVING QUESTION:

How do cells and diseases interact

answer: Innate immune cells recognize certain molecules found on many pathogens. These cells also react to signaling molecules released by the body in response to infection. Through these actions, innate immune cells quickly begin fighting an infection. This response results in inflammation.

This blog is about the project comic cells. The main point of the project was to make a comic about cells. The first thing we did was research a virus/bacteria we would use as our bad guy. Then you would make wanted poster about it with info on how many people it kills a year, when it was discovered, and who discovered it. This is mine 

As you can see I chose botulism as my bad guy. After we chose the bad guy we mad a mind map of the project. There are three categories QUESTIONS, EXAMPLES, and PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. This is my mind map

Once the mind-map was finished we moved on to creating our story board which is basically a non detailed rough draft of our comic. Here is my story board.

Next was our actual comic. For our comic we had to have at least 10 different science vocabulary words. My words were mimetic, gauche, microorganisms, fatigued, deprivation, syncope, infected, treatment, havoc, and bradycardia. Before we go into the comic i will talk about the curricular competencies this is the outline for the project.

I think I got accomplished on all except maybe the last one because they didn’t interact very scientifically. Anyways that is all for the work here is my final comic

Thank you for viewing my blog post. Bye!