Hello everyone! Today I will not be posting a blogging challenge post, but something even better. Today is our last growth mindset challenge day so now its time to write a post on the challenge! For this mindset challenge we learned about how to develop a growth mindset, grit, learning and how it effects grit, different types of mindsets, beliefs, mindsets on school, failure, and lastly persistence. As much as I would love to talk about all of those I will only be talking about the main topics. So I hope you enjoy reading because this post because it might get a little long.

We started off this project by learning about developing a growth mindset. But before we could start to develop a growth mindset we had to figure out what a growth mindset is. So you might be saying to yourself β€˜I know what it is, its when you don’t give up’ but although it might be that, it’s also way more. The photo below is a good visual of the difference between a growth and fixed mindset. When you have a growth mindset you know that you can learn anything that you work for, and that if you are frustrated because something is hard you get through it. Another example of a growth mindset is thinking that when you fail you learn from you mistakes and can do better next time. Then there’s having a fixed mindset. A fixed mindset is when you think that your either good at it or your not, and if your not you’ll never try again. I personally have a growth mindset on horseback riding because when things get hard and overwhelming I don’t give up. I have a fixed mindset on doing math because when things get hard I get tired and overwhelmed at the amount of work I might have, I give up.Β 

After learning about all of that we then learned about grit. Grit is when you want to complete long term goals, this means that even when things get hard you get through it. These goals can be anything from wanting to drink more water because you think it tastes bad, to my goal which is β€˜I want to be better at presenting in front of others because this will help me feel more confident, I will practice this by going over my lines before I present and raise my hand if I know the answer to the teachers question.’ 

Throughout this challenge we have been working on different reflections and writing down mostly everything in our digital journal. So to see all of my work check out Makenna’s Journal which is located down below.

Lastly we came up with goals, and so like I said above my goal is that I want to be better at presenting in front of others because this will help me feel more confident, I will practice this by going over my lines before I present and raise my hand if I know the answer to the teachers question. So then we had to create a selfie and add in our goal onto it. I am going to try and reach my goal by the end of the school year. But because I bet you guys are wanting to see how my selfie turned out it will also be down below.

Hopefully you guys learned something from this post wether its about either of the mindsets, grit, and maybe even something new about me like the fact that I’m not the best at speaking in front of others. If not then I at least hope you enjoyed reading about what I learned because to be honest I did not really ever think of any of this before we started the Growth Mindset Challenge. Anyway If you have a mindset goal that you want to try and complete like me then feel free to comment it down below.

-Makenna

P.S-If you haven’t already read my last post about chips you should go check it out right now.