Hey guys! So today is the day I can finally post about the very big project we just completed! Drumroll please…this is the Destination Imagination project summative post. For everyone who doesn’t already know what Destination Imagination is aka DI, it is a worldwide competition. In this competition you are assigned a team with a specific subject, which for me was the scientific team. This post will definitely get long, but I hope you enjoy reading about these fun and stressful past few weeks.

In DI like I said above you get put in different teams. For Seycove Secondary school which is the school I go to, we got to fill out a form stating the two groups we wanted to join. I wrote down Fine arts and Scientific but there was also technical and engineering. So I got put in the scientific group. As the scientific team our challenge was to create a documentary with us breaking or bending a scientific law. My group chose to bend the law of gravity, we did this by having a basketball float up into the sky. I will go into more detail down below, but first I will tell you guys more about our challenge.Β 

For every team you have team choice elements, for our challenge we had to have at least two. These can be things that a curtain member in your group is good at or something they like to do. For example our team choice elements are Zach playing piano, and Teva’s photography. We incorporated these at the start and end of our documentary, the piano music at the end, and the montage of Teva’s photography at the start.Β 

Now back to the main challenge. As I mentioned above we had to make a documentary, so we decided to take this to the next level by adding short interviews throughout the video. Then at the end we did full interviews with an interviewer and each character. Β So now what you have all been waiting for our main challenge video!

Overall I am really proud of my team, and I think we did really good! Something I think we couldΒ have done better was communicating with each other, and on the actual science part. We could have figured out a better way to show us bending gravity. Besides that I we worked well as a team, and I also really like the interviews that we did to make it more like a documentary. But I could not have finished that project without my team so go check out there blogsΒ Teva,Β Sylas, Sepaus, Zach, and Luca.Β 

-Makenna

P.S-We finished this project a week ago, I am just posting this now.

P.P.S-We got first in our main challenge and the instant challenge!!