Hello! Welcome back to my blog. This blog is a little different because it was not like the other projects we have done. Wednesday November 3rd was β€˜Take Your Kid To Work Day’ for all grade 9 students. We went to work with an adult who could have been a parent, a guardian, or a friend’s parent. Everyone around BC did this and on this day we got to go to work instead of school and learn in the work place environment.

I went to my step-dad Kevin’s work at Lynn Valley Physiotherapy. For PLP we had to get lots of footage to create a video of what we learned and did while we were at work. Since Kevin is a physiotherapist, most of his job involves working with clients at his work and was confidential, so it was hard to get footage. But I learned a lot about what physiotherapists do and I also learned what kinesiologists do. I explained there jobs in my video. Some of the highlights of my day were getting to hang out and learn from the kinesiologists, and also getting to watch Kevin do physio on peoples’ necks. So here is the video that I created with the footage that I was able to get.

Overall, I had a fun day at work with Kevin even though I was in the staff room due to Covid for most of the day. I hope you enjoyed my video on my experience at work!