“Turn it Up”, your go-to podcast for all things music, is coming out with yet another episode! This episode however, I want to tackle some more serious topics, compared to other episodes. I wanted to talk about how big a role race plays in the music industry, especially now that we have amazing movements like Black Lives Matter inspired by the recent deaths of people like George Floyd and Breonna Taylor. Creating a podcast episode influenced by this concept, its constantly been on my mind. I’m always thinking about the role of racism in my everyday life. 

This weekend, I was in Downtown, Vancouver, with my parents and I see this beautiful mural. It made me sort of realize that despite the negativity aspect of racism, we see so much support, especially in the area I live. I’m so thankful that I get to live in this little bubble, where everyone I’ve surrounded myself with, is respectful and kind, and just people with beautiful souls. Not a lot of people get the chance to have this kind of respect and I think sometimes its easy to take it for granted. 

The area that I live in, is also so supportive of this concept. Just walking around Downtown, I saw so many murals, art pieces, and just cultural hints showing support towards this concept. In a world so cutthroat, having positive vibes coming from arts and culture part. Just to close on the point I want to make, here are some more murals I found while strolling through Downtown!

Which spoke to you the most? I mean, they are all gorgeous but which one really stood out to you? I personally really loved the red and black one, the first one I put up under the first paragraph in this post! Let me know in the comments which one with your favourite!