Da more things change

Hey y’all, Max here.

“The More things Change” project took about three weeks to finish. While I would go over every milestone here, I honestly don’t think every single one was critical to the completion of the project, and I plan to make this post shorter than usual. 

Before You read too much of this, My partner, Patrick, also has his own blog post on this matter. Which you can find here.

Something we did throughout the entire project was the pages document we wrote in regularly that highlighted everything we went through, and that we could look back on later. It wasn’t actually that helpful to me and it isn’t very interesting, so I don’t see any point of linking it. 

The final product for this project was an Infographic made in Canva that showed our knowledge of European colonization and the groups involved. making the Infographic wasn’t difficult, because we were given. Pre-designed template, and all we had to do was add our own illustrations, information, sources, thesis, and names. 

The only difficulty Patrick and I had with the Infographic was going through multiple drafts, submitting the best draft, getting feedback, revising, and repeating that process. 

The driving question for this project is “What did European Colonization mean for all the people involved?” Our answers to this question is the thesis that we conjured up for our Infographic, which is: 

“European settlement meant exposure to different cultures and ways of living for all groups involved. Although dependency between the groups has changed dramatically since the time of contact in Canada, unique culture and societies amongst each group remain constant today.”

Even after we were done with the Infographic, we still had one step left. We were supposed to put the Infographic in keynote and then use magic move. Magic move is a feature in keynote that allows the user to manipulate the screen to go to the area they want. It’s more complicated than that, but I really don’t want to explain it, so here’s Patrick and my magic move video, which we uploaded to YouTube.

We are very proud of it.

https://youtu.be/azmoYf_xooo 

The last thing we did in the project was find locations to put up the printed posters around the school, hang them up, then take a picture with our partner next to it. 

Overall, I think this project has taught me some valuable things about history, and also about creating in different applications.